Funded by EPA
through a Cooperative Agreement
The information contained in this site is provided for your review and convenience. It is not intended to provide legal advice with respect to any federal, state, or local regulation. You should consult with legal counsel and appropriate authorities before interpreting any regulations or undertaking any specific course of action.
About the NMFRC
The National Metal Finishing Resource Center (NMFRC) is an Internet-based
organization which was established in 1995 under a program jointly funded
by the Commerce Department’s National Institute of Standards and Technology
(NIST) and the
Environmental Protection Agency.
The NMFRC is the most comprehensive environmental, technical, and
pollution prevention metal finishing resource available worldwide.
Key NMFRC features include:
- A searchable technical database containing over 7,000 articles,
papers and reports covering metal finishing process and pollution
- Environmental compliance assistance tools, including full text
regulations, late-breaking directives, and interpretations from EPA
- Specifications (with index) used in metal finishing.
- Shop, supplier, and people directories containing over 8,000 entries.
- Interactive features where users can quickly obtain reliable information
from industry experts.
- On-line calculators designed for finishing needs.
The Administrative Director of NMFRC is Bill Chenevert, 734-995-7989. Regulatory and technical questions regarding metal finishing can be directed to George Cushnie. Technical questions regarding this website should be directed to Mark Eelman.