Pollution Prevention and Control Technologies for Plating
Section 5 - Substitute Technologies
5.2 PRODUCT CHANGES
5.2.1 Negative Responses to Product Changes
- Our customers are rather disinterested in pollution prevention
that they can employ (PS 039).
- N/A [not applicable]-We are a job shop (PS 055).
- N/A-We are a job shop and have no control over what the customer
wants us to plate (PS 066).
- No control over parts-We are a job shop (PS 098).
- Because this company is a job shop we have no control over
the design of the parts to be plated (PS 116).
- We are a job shop. The customer designs the part, therefore
we have no control over product design. Some customers are cognizant
of problems concerning plating, but the majority just tell us
to plate it or they will take it elsewhere (PS 128).
- N/A-All product is customer supplied (PS 174).
- We don't manufacture parts (job shop) (PS 175).
- N/A-Contract only shop (PS 199).
- We are a job shop only. We rarely have input into a customer's
designs to improve plating and reduce pollution (PS 204).
- N/A-We are a job shop anodizer (PS 230).
- Products supplied by customers, no control (PS 233).
Next Section|Main Table of Contents|Section 5